Wednesday 30 March 2011

Week 3 Day 3: Wednesday - An era a day: 30s

I did some research for the 1930s. It's not authentic (the shoes need to be cuban heels and chunkier, and the skirt needs to be longer), but I think I capture the feel OK, given what I have in my wardrobe.

I have a Zac Posen for Target bright red silk pussy-cat bow blouse. The detailing at the front of the shirt is remarkable. It's a truly beautiful shirt.

I am wearing it with a grey wool pleated skirt. Another op-shop find.
 Applying some perfume using an old fashioned atomiser.
Accessories are a patent leather skinny belt from Sportsgirl and Bally flat leather shoes. Bally make spectacular leather products.
I'm wearing the vintage stockings I wore on Monday. I am glad to not have to wear these again. They're fun, but they are short, unlike the stockings you get these days, and the nylon does not have the same comfortable stretch as they do with today's modern materials.
The hat is a grey felt cloche I have had for a long time. I am carrying an Oroton o-style handbag. The hat and hair are what really make this outfit 30s.
Gold, enamel and diamond hoops.
A christmas present from my parents last year.
For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment