Friday 1 April 2011

Week 3 Day 4: Thursday - An era a day: 60s

Here I am in the swingin' 60s!
I've got a wool long-sleeved navy shift dress from Cue. I bought this a couple of years ago and it's a favourite. It was cool today, so the long sleeves were a good move.
I'm wearing with a silk scarf from Colorado. I heard they've recently gone into receivership, so a few hundred stores in their stable will close down in Australia (including Diana Ferrari and Mathers).

I only wear the individual lashes as the strip lashes are horrid to wear.
Part of the 60s look is about the eye makeup, including the false eyelashes. The other part of the 60s is all about the mini and the boots. These tan leather boots (with bright purple lining!) are from Diana Ferrari. I seldom find a pair that fit so snugly on my chicken-legs.
I'm holding a Stella McCartney for Target clutch from last year's collection. 
I love the button detailing on the sleeves and back on this dress.
Heading to work this morning, I donned my Jimmy Choo sunglasses. I picked these up from (very!) high-end department store, Henri Bendel, in New York. Apparently in the late 60s, Henri Bendel was the epicenter of modish New York
The other big hit of the 60s, of course, was go-go dancing! Woohoo.
For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant week Alex! Loved every day's outfits, and the fabulous effort you put into the photos. For next week, how about 'Fashion Genres', for example, Rock Chick, Preppy, Hippie, Goth Glam, Hip Hop....etc. Can't believe the breadth of your wardrobe. I'm sure you'll come up with something to cover all those bases :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you go for the tactile option next week, when people ask 'How do you feel today?" you'll be able to say 'touch me and see for yourself!' (are you game gal?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, am amazed at the spectrum of clothing you have- and that you didn't have to buy or borrow anything specially for the challenge (my dress-up box could've been helpful, eh!?)

    ReplyDelete