Tuesday 29 March 2011

Week 3 Day 1: Monday - An era a day: 40s

Thanks to Wonky (Susan) for suggesting this week's theme. It's going to be a challenging, but fun week. Today I'm back in the 1940s.
A busy day. First I had a cup of tea. I'm wearing a beige twinset I picked up from a boutique in Paris with a vintage Sportscraft wool skirt I picked up from an op shop many years ago.
Applied a little makeup. On my head I'm wearing a scarf I bought from a little shop in Venice.
Lovely vintage marcasite compact my sister bought me.
It came from the Canberra Antiques Centre
Red nails and lips set off the pretty pearl necklace. I know they're old fashioned, but I do love pearls. I'm also wearing a brooch I borrowed from my mum.

Getting dressed I slipped on a pair of vintage seamed stockings.

I picked these up from ebay. They're true vintage. Cuban heel and all.

Vintage stockings from ebay
Time to do a little flower arranging. I guess that's what keeps gals in the 1940s busy.
These shoes are hot! They're another pair of Mogil heels, blue suede with tan kid-leather trim and laces. I got them from a boutique in Brisbane's Southbank.
After all that hard work, it's time for a wee drink. Hehe. Actually, I did work today. I also had to pop into Uni to drop an assignment off. Yup, I did get a couple of funny looks.
I had fun dressing up today!

For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

2 comments: