Thursday 24 March 2011

Week 2 Day 3: Wednesday - Masculine chic

In-car shots seem to be the location for the week. Here I am after arriving at work on Wednesday. It seems more like 'underbelly chic' than 'masculine chic'.
This shirt is an absolutely gorgeous mauve/blue shot cotton material. The images can not do it justice. It has a beautiful cut and is from the first season of Veronika Maine. VM is an Aussie label from the same stable as Cue clothing.The fact that it's from the first season indicates it's pretty old. It is still in the same condition as when I purchased it.
I'm wearing with Sportsgirl cuffed boot-leg pin-striped pants. The waist detail means it's a sin to wear them with a belt. I have borrowed an Italian-silk (brand unknown) tie. The colours match better than the pics indicate.
I got sick of the tie flapping around everywhere. I figured if I got it stuck in a shredder, that would be the end of me. I could also see myself dipping an expensive and borrowed silk tie in coffee, so popped on my dad's Tiffany and Co silver tie clip.

Studying hard
At uni in the evening. Makes for a long day. Got a couple of funny looks for wearing a shirt and tie, but there are many ecclectic types in the class. I probably got weirder looks for wearing a tie than I would have if I'd worn a clown costume.

For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info. 

1 comment: