Tuesday 29 March 2011

Week 3 Day 2: Tuesday- An era a day: 80s

Back in the 80s! It's all about the shoulder pads and pointy shoes.
I'm even sitting on an 80s cane rocking chair. It rocks!
I'm wearing a teal sheer silk chiffon blouse from Sportsgirl. This thing has some crazy shoulder pads. It's teamed with a high-waisted wool skirt by Matthew Eager I found at an op-shop years ago.
It's hard to do 'big hair' when it's quite short, so I've slicked the sides back. Big clip-on enamel and gold earrings I borrowed from my mum.

Hard to see, but I've got the 80s bright makeup on. Green eyeshadow, fuscia lips and quite a pronounced pink blush.

The belt is from Stella McCartney's collection for Target from 2010. It works as 80s belts were very wide.
Fishnet stockings are worn with these very pointy leather shoes I bought in Florence.

For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

Now, while I'm not entering the following outfit into the challenge, and I'm not going to comment on the clothes (unless someone asks), I thought I'd show a more way-out 80s outfit I wore to a fancy dress party a few months back.

80s also signalled the era of 'fluro'. Just thought I'd include a couple of pics for fun.

1 comment: