Friday 25 March 2011

Week 2 Day 4: Thursday - Masculine chic

This whole masculine chic thing is starting to get to me. I'm not sure which bathrooms I should be using at work!
I'm wearing a red striped french-cuffed shirt from Jigsaw, and a Thai silk tie (brand unknown). Jigsaw make some beautiful clothing.
I have ankle-grazing wool herringbone patterned pants from Cue. I love these pants. They're so versatile and with the pleated high waist, so very comfy to wear.
Accessories are a Country Road black leather belt and AM-to-PM Airflex red patent leather shoes.
I like the buckle detail on this belt..
Again, I've done the tie clip. It's a gold one I've borrowed from my dad
Yeah, I'm having fun with masculine chic. I got a few comments from some African dignitaries who were visiting work today. They were a bit surprised by my outfit. 
I call these my 'ruby slippers' - like Dorothy wears in the Wizard of Oz.
These shoes are so good I bought a pair in a taupe colour.
The cufflinks are a family heirloom graciously lent to me. I was terrified of losing them.
For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

3 comments:

  1. Listen to moi, listen to moi. I've got just one word for you Alex. Frock Up!
    I'm ready to see some more 'girly' outfits from you in week 3. Can't wait to hear what the theme is......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the 'family hierloom' thing. My mother gave me a ring she had given to her in Austria as a thank you from someone she helped escape the Nazis... and what did I do? I lost it! Ayyyyyeeee!!
    The cuff links are VERY smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous red shoes sir!!

    ReplyDelete