Thursday 17 March 2011

Week 1 Day 4: Thursday - All Green

Top of tha dee to yeh! Happy St Patrick's day.

Not many green items today, but the amount of material
and the vibrancy of the colour should make up for it.
A pretty summer dress and as I've got the cardi for work, the modesty factor and bit of warmth against the air-con, well, taken care of.

This is a Cue viscose dress. It drapes beautifully and is very comfy to wear. I had meetings today, so apart from not wanting to freeze my butt off in the meeting room,

I wanted to have a bit of cover up, as it's a pretty low-cut neckline. So I paired with this Country Road 3/4 sleeve wool/cotton knit cream cardi. I button up in meetings but don't really like hiding the lovely bodice detail that makes the dress quite unique.  

Here's the bodice in a bit more detail.

Although I know it's a fashion faux-pas to be too 'matchy matchy' I do like the retro feel of wearing these sandals with this purse. Both are finds from op-shops and are some of my favourite pieces.
These are super duper comfy. The heel detail makes them special

The handbag is ostrich leather. Ooooh I just love the texture.
This cost me $20 from the Salvos and it's magically crafted.
I've had it for over a decade. The suede lining is divine.
So all up, my outfit got me through a full day's meeting and I felt I celebrated St Pat's day without ending up too green around the gills tomorrow (thanks Susan!).

For further information on favourite items and where to get them, check out the 'shopping' page. If there's something I'm wearing that you're interested in, post a comment and ask for more info.

1 comment:

  1. Super outfit today Alex! You look fabulous. I love the dress, and I've always coveted that ostrich handbag. I'm even more envious now that I know you got it in an Op Shop! Talk about the luck o' the Irish.

    ReplyDelete